OUTSTANDING MIXED RURAL/TOURISM BUSINESS FOR SALE.
Situated in the beautiful Clarence Valley this 22.43 Ha (55.4 acres) rural property has expanded its horizons to become one of the valley’s leading tourist destinations for both locals and visitors alike.
Approximately 50 minutes to Ballina airport, 2 hours to the Gold Coast, and 20-30 minutes to the popular beaches of Iluka and Yamba. This growing business boasts direct access to the newly completed Pacific Highway allowing prominent exposure to passing trade.
Known as “The Peach Farm”, this property offers the following to prospective purchasers:
• A fully mature peach orchard, consisting of 3,300 trees protected by netting. Drip irrigation to all trees from the 2 farm dams.
• The orchard area plus 11 adjoining acres has been converted into a tourist park, where visitors can pick their own peaches, wander around the several fenced areas containing exotic and farm animals, which they can feed and pat in safety. An on-site café/dining area with large tables and undercover seating in a very peaceful rural setting. Visitors are charged an entry fee and can remain on the property for as long as they desire. Last year (2020), up to 600 people per day passed through the gates. It is especially attractive to the local populace for birthday parties and luncheons for families.
• The balance of the country is all arable and grows crops for hay baling and other farming pursuits.
• Other improvements consist of two large steel sheds – one has been converted into a very comfortable family home – the other for machinery storage.
• The farm is powered by off-grid solar system, with large storage battery facilities and generator back-up. This comfortably runs all buildings plus the café freezers, cool-room, lighting etc.
• Flood-free from river inundation.
The purchasers of this unique farm have the potential to capitalize on the current owner’s hard work in establishing this enterprise, by way of several untapped business opportunities, which could include…… music festivals, on-site farm stay cabins and overnight caravan accommodation, to name just a few STCA.
Expenditure/income figures for 2020 -21 are available to genuine buyers on request. Highlighting the large investment to bring this property to its current standard, together with projected income for the next two years. The concept for the potential income of this property is all due to the foresight of its current owners.
Please direct any expressions of interest to Yamba Iluka Real Estate (02) 66 462400, or Ian Dunbar -0414 949 531
Fast Facts about Mororo
The suburb of Mororo is located in the Local Government area of Clarence Valley and covers an area of approximately 87.1 Sq Km.
The surrounding suburbs include Woombah, Jacky Bulbin and Gibberagee.
Currently, the median sale price of Houses, Units and Vacant Land in Mororo is $0 compared to $310,467 for the Local Government Area of Clarence Valley.
There is a Park.
In 2011, the population of Mororo was 51, with the main age group being people between 10 and 19 years of age.
Married people account for 84% of the population and households in Mororo are mainly Couples with no children.
There are approximately 19 dwellings, with the majority of these (94%) being house. 42.1% of properties in the area are fully owned, with 26.3% of the properties being purchased and 81% being owner occupied.
The largest segment of the population are Not in Labour Force, in general those in employment work as Managers with most people travelling to work by driving a car.